What is Dual Enrollment?
Valley ROP offers a variety of High School courses that are aligned with Reedley College and Fresno City College classes giving students the opportunity to receive college classes.Participating in this program will ease the transition from high school to college and encourage you to keep pursuing post-secondary education. Upon completion of the course the student receive a community college transcript with the grade and units of the Dual Enrollment course.
Dual Enrollment benefits to students
- No student fees for the course and the eventual credits (if CA resident).
- Student does not need to leave the high school campus or go off-site to take the Dual Enrollment class.
- Immediate transferable credit/grade is awarded at the end of the course.
- Student is a HS student and a Community College student that same semester.
High School Dual Enrollment Student’s Requirements:
- Have a cumulative high school GPA of at least a 2.5.
- Completing the SCCC application for Admission
- No More than 5 unexcused absences in prior semester
- Obtain approval from the high school principal, a high school counselor, and a parent.
- Student has no major discipline and behavioral issues
- Final Teacher Approval and Recommendation if any of the above requirements are not met.